Players had expressed some fatigue at the number of adventures run so this was to be the last of the countries visited with a single adventure followed by the first of the campaign storylines. As the Adventure Rahasia in the “B1-9 In Search of Adventure” was set in Alfheim just near the city of Selenica, I thought it was a great introduction to the characters before they tackle the important foundation of the campaign storyline.
There was a package that had to be delivered as a wedding gift to Rahasia from a elven merchant in Selenica. They took up this monumental task from their watchhouse and headed into the forest of Alfheim. Attacked by bandits on the way they reached the village to find out the groom and the father of the bride were missing having gone on a rescue mission to a local temple staffed by the Siswa (children of the village). The reports were the Siswa had been corrupted somehow and forced to work for a priest who had demanded Rahasia’s hand in marriage.
Considering how the characters turned out in the end I am unsure why they chose to help the village. They headed off to the temple with Rahasia, who they then lost, and started the decline of the party into madness and death as they started killing the elven kids for attempting to knock them out with sleeping gas.
Characters attrition started not long after and they eventually cleared the place of all living things and stopped a trio of witches from returning to life. Unfortunately, the priest Hahib escaped, and Rahasia left of her own accord after witnessing the savagery of the characters in killing her family.
The group ended this part of the story failing to find traces of the priest or missing elven princess. This was a case of their evil actions having consequences and coming back to haunt the characters in future storylines.
Six players, each having backgrounds that fitted into the setting or changing the setting slightly to allow for the backgrounds to work. They are all human vikings in service of the Lord of their choice and the story will evolve around their starting location.
Started in the city of Selenica at the crossroads between Karameikos and Ylaruam. They are members of the Army of Darokin protecting people from the ravages of the Orcs to the North, East and South.
- Mixed – non-specific human who apparently hated everyone.
- The gnome was from a forest type coming from the Alfheim area.
Rakasta (use the Tabaxi race)
- The cat humanoids were from the degenerate version of their race, not the imperial or spacefaring groups.
- Eladrin – A mysterious elf from an undisclosed place, died b
- Bronze from a clan of dragons in the region.
- They are known to be in the mountains bordering the Dwarves of Rockhome.
- Not a common site outside of elven forests.
Notable changes to the setting:
- Elven children take 100 years to reach the same development as a 14 year old human. So roughly every sevenish years is about the same as one year of human development making children quite the commitment for elves and their whole community.
- Characters are treated as adults once they reach puberty. Adventurer’s are expected to have a few years ontop of those to learn their craft of adventure.
Next up: Wrath of the Immortals – Part 1