A new patch rolled out today for Halo: The Master Chief Collection which is about 100Mb in size. And it’s been a good one for me. The patch notes don’t say much that could explain why my own situation has improved but I’m okay with that for the time being.
With this update I’m seeing some light at the end of the tunnel and was finally able to get into a match with randoms long enough to play through and see a result. I’m still having issues with rubber banding which makes it difficult playing but I’ll be seeing if there are any things I can do here to improve connectivity which might go a long way to helping.
For those avoiding the link, the notes are below.
The next time you log into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you will be prompted to download the latest content update. This particular content update focuses specifically on matchmaking. Please note that while this update will improve team balance issues, we do not expect it to fully resolve uneven teams. Our next content update, targeted for early next week, will address team balance.
While today’s update contains several high-priority improvements, we continue to work on additional content updates that will address further items. Below, you’ll find a summary of the updates that are included in today’s update.
- Made a change to allow for matches to start once minimum player counts are met, allowing for faster matching times.
- Made an update to resolve issues that caused false matches to be created, which resulted in a variety of matchmaking issues, including slow matchmaking and bad session starts.
- Streamlined the process for maintaining party continuity through the matchmaking process.
- Made an update to the high-level matchmaking flow that will reset lobbies after each match. Moving forward, players and party leaders need to press “B” after the post-game-carnage report, and select a playlist for their next match. This flow is consistent with previous Halo titles.
- Improved user experience through removal of non-actionable error messages. This will allow for a more seamless matchmaking flow with less interruption and confusion.
- Improved the post-game experience to fix an issue that could result in a player getting sent to another player’s lobby, rather than returning to the matchmaking screen.
We have additional updates on the way in an effort to further improve your experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. We thank you for your continued feedback, patience, and support.