So the latest preview build is out today and there are two very interesting features available in this new update.
Language Independence – Based on overwhelming fan feedback, we’ve enabled Language Independence to give you even more choices over your Xbox experience and how you engage with your Xbox One. Language Independence gives you the freedom to choose any supported language on Xbox One, regardless of your location.
Please try out this capability and give us your feedback. If you encounter any issues, change your language and location settings back to their previous values to see if the issue still exists. We look forward to your feedback.
Game Pre-orders – When purchasing a game pre-order, funds may no longer be deducted from your account immediately (depending on when the game pre-order is purchased). Pre-order funds will now be deducted from your account 10 days or less prior to the game’s release date.
The language independence is certainly a great option and overdue. The Game Pre-Order “feature” is not something I’m terribly keen on, although in light of the fact that you are able to pre-order some games six months early now it is warranted. I get that the money isn’t going to come out straight away and you are charged closer to the date but I tend to use a payment type that I transfer money to when I want to buy something. I guess I’ll just transfer the money early and leave it in there for when it does come out. Alternatively the other option is just to pre-order a week before, which is probably a smarter way to do things (if you want to download it ahead of release).
Running the latest preview one bug I am glad they’ve address is the first one. Downloading with the previous build has been painful with games and apps constantly stopping for me.
Here is a list of bug fixes for this new preview:
• My Games & Apps
Resolved an issue which sometimes caused game and app installations to get stuck in the Queue and fail to install.
• Xbox Universal Store
• When attempting to purchase In Between in the Store, the Store page no longer displays an error.
• Resolved an issue which caused free content for Xbox Live Gold subscribers to fail to display.
• Blu-Ray Player
The Blu-Ray Player app should no longer fail to play discs after an app update.
• Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause poor speech recognition.
• YouTube, Netflix, OneGuide, and other apps should now be more reliable with See-It-Say-It.
• You can now say “Stop Listening” without saying “Hey Cortana” after using See-It-Say-It.
• OneStore no longer crashes when started from a Cortana voice search.
• Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause Cortana to crash when being snapped.
• Asking Cortana about a friend’s online status now brings up the friend’s profile rather than the friend list.
• There is now a confirmation for launching apps. When Cortana is snapped she will indicate what she is going to launch, allowing you to cancel. Cortana’s responses are also no longer shortened (allowing you to know exactly what is being launched).
• Cortana’s “Listening…” should now appear more quickly after signing in.
• EA Access
• EA Access vault titles should now be available to install from the corresponding Store page.
• You should now be able to purchase the EA Access Hub from the Store.
• Screen Dimming
Resolved an issue which could cause the screen to dim in numerous apps.