So after a mid year drought where not much was being released on the two next gen platforms it seems November is the month to go crazy and spend a few dollars.
The momentum has slowly been building from September and October. We’ve had some good games come out at that time:
1. Destiny – over hyped but enjoyable with decent shooter mechanics.
2. Forza Horizon 2 – great game and amazing looking on the Xbox One. A great pick up and play game.
3. Alien Isolation – review still coming but I found this to be a surprise hit for me and it was great to finally have a decent Alien licensed game.
Some big hits are coming out November on XB1 and PS4:
1. Call of Duty – Advanced Warfare. So far I’m loving this. A much needed shot in the arm for the Call of Duty series. Finally competitive multiplayer where I’m not coming last.
2. Halo – The Master Chief Collection. The real deal, not some poor (Destiny) copycat. I can’t wait to revisit this world again.
3. Assassins Creed – Unity. Next gen only and looks mighty pretty. Let’s hope the story is good too. Adds co-op missions for the first time into the Assassins Creed universe.
4. Far Cry 4 – Should be good shooter fun in gorgeous locations. You can use Elephants to cause destruction.
5. Dragon Age Inquisition – Looking great and meant to be a huge world. Please be better than Dragon Age 2 and more like the original.
6. GTA V – re-mastered for next gen consoles (PC to follow next year). Shows off a very impressive first person mode and looks gorgeous. Your online progress can be transferred over from PS3 and 360 too.
Now that isn’t every game out this month – just the main highlights for next gen. I’m broke already. 🙂