The continuation of the Homeworld franchise continues with today’s launch of Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak. After years of thinking the games were going to fade in obscurity, the last eighteen months have been great for fans and we finally get to see a new chapter in the series.
Hopefully the game is now ready to go on my PC (got to love how Steam preloads games) and I’ll be checking it out over the coming days.
Gearbox’s announcement follows…
Blackbird Interactive and Gearbox Software invite you to visit the deserts of Kharak in this new Homeworld story where danger lurks behind every dune. Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak is available now on Steam for Windows PC!
The planet is dying, but deep in the southern sands of Kharak, an anomaly has been discovered. Could Kharak’s salvation lie in the desert? Led by chief science officer Rachel S’jet, the Coalition of the Northern Kiithid sends an expedition deep within enemy-controlled territory to investigate the finding, which could forever seal the fate of humanity. Learn more at www.desertsofkharak.com.
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak features:
- EXPERIENCE AN ORIGIN STORY Join Rachel S’jet as she leads an expedition to find salvation across an exciting campaign in this prequel from some of the original creators of Homeworld and Homeworld 2.
- HEAVY DUTY HARDWARE Take control of fleets occupying both land and air – from nimble light attack vehicles to massive heavyweight cruisers — and harness the abilities of your forces to conquer the desert.
- MASSIVE ENVIRONMENTS Fight your way across the dune seas, deep craters, and vast, hostile canyons of Kharak. The topography will change, and so will your style of play to succeed.
- TACTICAL COMBAT Position your fleet to take advantage of the high ground or create ambushes across dune lines in terrestrial combat. Attack your enemies’ resource operations or assault their military head-on.
- STRATEGIC DECISIONS Meaningful choices in resource management, fleet composition, and technology research will directly impact your chances of survival.
- ONLINE MULTIPLAYER Compete solo or with friends to achieve a variety of win conditions. Rise through the ranks to become the most powerful Fleet Captain on Kharak in competitive play.