With big success from Wasteland 2 and entering the home stretch of development for Torment: Tides of Numenera, the team at inXile are starting work on their next game in Wasteland 3.
Once again, crowdfunding will be part of the process but this time it will be via the Fig platform. The page with full details of the game can be found here – if you back the game soon (first 48 hours) you will also be eligible for a free copy of either post apocalyptic RPG UnderRail or horror adventure Stasis.
From the site:
What’s new in Wasteland 3?
From the creators of Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera comes Wasteland 3! Following the critically acclaimed releases of 2014’s Wasteland 2 and 2015’s Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut, fans have been clamoring for a direct sequel. Now we can bring it to you, with your help!
- A party-based role-playing game, with a renewed focus on our trademark complex story reactivity and strategic combat.
- By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, we are evolving on Wasteland 2’s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
- Play by yourself or with a friend in story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer. Choices open up (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and lots of other content.
- Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
- The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
- Simultaneously releasing to Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
With a new environment, ability to use vehicles and a part of the narrative involving establishment of a new Ranger base it sounds like there will be plenty of new things in there to get fans excited. Crowdfunding ends in a month and the game is projected to be ready Q4 of 2019. The long wait begins…