The latest update for Elite Dangerous has arrived just in time for the PlayStation 4 version’s launch.
Version 2.3.10 brings a handful of tweaks and bug fixes with the notable additions being enhancements to Multi-Crew that allow the Helm to apply restrictions to the gunner and fighter roles. Probably handy if you worry that your crewmates may be a little trigger happy.
Edited details are below but the original post from the Frontier Forums can be found here. The Xbox One update which I’m downloading now is over 13Gb in size so expect a lengthy wait before you play again.
Note: The 2.3.10 update will bring with it an extended server downtime that could last for seven to eight+ hours at the start of 10AM UK.
- Fixed a Commander Data error that could occur when two players switch to a Fighter at the same time in Multi-Crew
- Fixed a crash that could occur when in High Intensity Conflict Zones for extended periods of time
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving Supercruise in a busy area
- Fixed a crash that could occur when activating Silent Running in a CQC match
- Fixed a crash that could occur in the Capital Ship Encounters
General text fixes
- Updated some translations
- Fixed a target-able location in the Howard system
- Audio: Fixed an issue with inbox message alert audio not playing
- Audio: Fixed an issue whereby the audio would continue to loop when holding the fire button, after your shield cell bank had run out of ammo
- Audio: Fixed an issue with the discovery scanner audio – Honks are back!
- Audio: Various audio tweaks and fixes
- Players will now be consistently moved safely out of asteroid rings when logging in, which should hopefully prevent asteroids from spawn killing players
- Fixed an issue that caused the ‘Frameshift Charging’ indicator to become stuck on screen if you cancelled a hyperjump whilst in the camera suite
- More factions have joined the Colonia region of space
- Implemented various changes to improve the appearance of Holo-Me in extreme lighting conditions
- Fixed an issue whereby the Technology 06 codex entry was missing from Ancient Ruins
- Mission board generation optimisations
- Added the ability for Helm to limit the functionality of the Gunner role if desired (for example, preventing the use of utility style modules or deploying/retracting hardpoints)
- Added the ability for Helm to disable the Fighter Control role if desired
- Fix to allow the Helm access to turret mode options when they do not have a Gunner in their Multi-Crew session
- Multicrew activities that have crew slots available are now highlighted with ‘+’ symbols
- The ‘Switch Roles’ button will now be greyed out if your SRV is carrying more cargo than the ship has capacity for
- General network tweaks and fixes
- Fixed an issue whereby the Engine Detailing slot did not appear when using the the Detailing filter tab
- Fixed an issue with NPC names becoming garbled in the Player Journal
- Faction Pending and Recovery state information is now included in the Player Journal
- Addressed an issue whereby certain events were missing from the Player Journal
- New “EngineerContribution” event for making donations to unlock an Engineer
Ships – General Ship Fixes and Improvements
- Anaconda – Fixed some visual issues with the Anaconda’s cockpit and made some improvements
- Asp – Moved the camera closer to prevent clipping in livery outfitting
- Imperial Courier – Fixed an issue with the Imperial Courier’s Slipstream paint job
- Python – Python ship kits no longer appear worn when fully repaired
- Audio: Improvements to the “Rotational Correction” voice lines when returning to the helm from a fighter